Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday, January 15, 2009

So we are rounding the end of week one. So far so good, all my classes seem completely do-able, and I know I can get really good grades in all of them if I really work hard, which I fully intend to do. Waking up is becoming easier, seeing as we are going to sleep earlier. Tomorrow, I have one class at aims, then I am done for the day. I want to get some good reading in, and maybe lots of The West Wing, which is the most amazing show ever and everyone who reads this needs to watch it. 

I really want to start a book club. I want an outlet that isn't school related. I think it would be super cool to do with anyone, so if you are interested, let me know. We will read whatever we want, at whatever pace we want. It's completely up to us. 

Andy is doing really well so far being back at UNC. It's like he never left, except this time he wants to do well, which makes all the difference. I have a good feeling that we both will succeed this semester. 

As far as everything else, we are doing well. I have already leaned a lot in just this first week and I look forward to 15 more weeks of fun education. Well only 14 weeks cause one of which is spring break. 


Speaking of, I am so excited. I am going to Oregon, I already have my plane tickets. While I am there, Toni (the one from high school) and I will be road tripping up the coast to washington and we will see Seattle and Port Angelus and all that jazz. if I get my passport we will also be making a trip to canada. Then, we will head back down and my friend Megan, who I met freshman year, wants to hang out so we will probably drive down to Corvallis, where she goes to college, and see the campus and all that fun stuff. Also with Toni, her boyfriend will be flying us to Astoria, which is an island off the coast of Oregon where The Goonies was filmed. Apparently they have the best fish and chips. We will see. 

So thats the plan basically. I am super excited even tho it is still 9 weeks away. 

Also exciting, for me at least, is that I ordered some stuff online that I will be getting soon. These things include some boots, some pants and a new shirt. I am excited for these new things as well. 

So that is how things are going so far!