Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday, January 3rd, 2009

Welcome to the new year. I can't believe it's 2009. This year has held such anticipation for me and I can't believe it is here. When I started college at UNC, 2009 is what they told me would be the end, but for me it was an eternity away and I could only imagine how my life would be in 2009. To be honest, it is nothing like I expected. Thats not to say that it isn't better. I have (almost) everything I could have ever wished for. I am independent financially from anyone, which I think is a huge accomplishment. I am living with the love of my life, and our 3 children (cats) named Jackson, Franklin and Teddy. I have an apartment, and a car and computer, and a 42" plasma screen tv. The one thing I am without, and have been for exactly 1 year now, is a job. But I am hopeful that our new president will change things and maybe help me out. As of today, I am happier than I had every thought possible. 

Seeing as this is the first blog, I will give you an overview of what I intend to write in this, so that you can make the decision now whether to continue reading. I am going through a seemingly endless search for a job, the application process for my alternative teaching license so that I can teach in the fall, taking 18 credits at 3 different colleges, and going through all the hustle and bustle of getting to the finish line. Graduation. I will probably talk about other things in my life, to be forewarned, and I have a tendency to get off topic, so I will try to reign it in if I am drifting into left field. 

Anyhoo, check back for updates. 
Jess