Friday, January 9, 2009

Update on the Job

The job working at Platte Valley Elementary seemed too good to be true. Sadly, this has been the case. I am the preferred candidate for the position, but unfortunately, my school schedule doesn't give me the availability to work M-F 10-noon. In order to get the position, all I would have to do is move around my entire last semester schedule. While this seems simple, it really is not. I am going to graduate in may, and in order to do so, I am already taking classes at 3 different educational institutions. Even if I were to switch around my schedule, I would have to take summer classes, because the classes I need to move are offered at the same time. So it is impossible to make my schedule work for this position. 

While this makes me very sad, I know that my job right now is to graduate and to get my degree. This position, while incredibly great, gets in the way of the job I have been working on for the last 3.5 years. For that reason, I must call Don Beard, who in fact does not have a beard, and respectfully decline his offer for the position, and ask him, respectfully, to consider me for positions in the future, including a teaching position I will be looking for in a few months. 

So I guess the search is back on.